MANHATTAN – New signs went up Monday for one of the most anticipated restaurant openings of the new year, Yasouvlaki Greek Cuisine. Located in the space once occupied by Roma Pizza and later Otto’s Tacos– as well as the vacant space next door— Yasouvlaki Greek Cuisine sits at the corner of East 88th Street and Third Avenue, bringing another choice for Mediterranean food to the Upper East Side.
Though Yasouvlaki is brand new, the team behind the restaurant is not. Yasouvlaki’s owner also owns the popular Bocado Cafe, located on Lexington Avenue at East 87th Street, setting expectations very high for the new greek restaurant’s dishes, which Upper East Site has learned is expected to open its doors next week– or possibly earlier– if all goes according to plan.
ALSO READ | Lexington Candy Shop Hasn’t Changed in Decades and It’s Better That Way
Additionally, Upper East Site has discovered the menu for the new restaurant— published online in advance of Yasouvlaki’s opening— giving the scoop on all the tasty Greek staples that’ll soon be available to order.
Gyro’s, Kebabs, Spanakopita and Moussaka all grace the menu, which offers something for everyone— we’ve got a full breakdown at the bottom of the article.
ALSO READ | Padoca Bakery’s New Yorkville Location is Now Open
Yasouvlaki has a pending application with the State Liquor Authority for a license to service wine after receiving approval from Community Board 8, Upper East Site has learned, so diners will be able to enjoy a nice glass of red while eating lamb chops— though they won’t be serving any hard liquor cocktails to customers.
The bright white double storefront at the busy corner of East 88th Street and Third Avenue, across from Whole Foods, is unmissable for anyone passing-by– and by the looks of the blue awning on East 88th Street side of the restaurant it appears they may offer outdoor dining at some point in the future.
Update: This restaurant is open as of Tuesday, February 1, 2022.
Yasouvlaki Greek Cuisine Menu
- Octopus – Served with spicy feta, lentil salad, tomato vinaigrette
- Saganaki (flaming Greek cheese) – served with roasted tomatoes, grilled lemon
- Roasted Meatballs – served with spicy marinara, crumbled greek sausage, spinach capers, and toasted bread.
- Greek Nachos – made of meat sauce, feta bechamel, tomatoes, and red onions.
- Grilled Greek Sausage– served with sauteed spinach, toasted bread, grilled lemon
- Fried Meatballs -served with tzatziki, toasted pita, grilled lemon
- Fried Calamari – served with zucchini, spicy marinara, grilled lemon
- Spinach Pie – made of feta, dill, scallion, on crispy phyllo.
- Dako Salad – made with greek croutons, tomato, cucumber, red onion, capers, fresh herb, tomato vinaigrette
- Mesclun Salad – made of shaved fennel, roasted peppers, confit chickpeas, fresh herbs, and lemon vinaigrette.
- Greek Salad – made with cucumber, tomato, red onion, kalamata wolves, feta, oregano, fresh herbs, pepperoncini, lemon vinaigrette.
- Tzatziki Dip– made from greek yogurt, cucumber, garlic, and dill.
- Spicy Feta Dip– with pepperoncini peppers, red peppers, sun dried tomatoes, and fresh herbs
- Eggplant Dip (similar but different to baba ganoush) – made with red peppers, sun dried tomatoes, grilled onions, and fresh herbs.
- Hummus Dip – crafted from chickpeas, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, and fresh herbs.
- Kefta (Beef & Lamb)
- Chicken Gyro
- Greek Sausage Gyro
- Pork Gyro
ALSO READ | The UES Guide to NYC Restaurant Week 2022
- Moussaka Dinner – made with eggplant, potatoes, seasoned beef sauce, and bechamel.
- Roasted Salmon Dinner – served with hummus, lentil salad, confit chickpeas, and lemon dressing.
- Roasted ½ Chicken – served with lemon potatoes, fresh herbs, and topped with lemon dressing.
- Gyro Platter Dinner – served with greek salad, french fries, roasted tomatoes and peppers)
- Grilled Lamb Chops Dinner – served with crumbled greek sausage, spinach, tomatoes, and olives.
- Grilled Swordfish Dinner – seasoned with mediterranean spice, and served with spicy feta, roasted veggies, capers, fresh herbs, and tomato vinaigrette.
- Lamb Shank Dinner – served with orzo, spinach, tomatoes, capers, and fresh herbs.
- French Fries
- Sauteed Spinach
- Grilled Veggies
- Greek Fries (served with feta and oregano)
- Lentil Salad
- Lemon Potatoes
For updates around the clock, follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook