MANHATTAN – Sip cosmos and hammer out inspiring articles on your laptop as you spend a night in Carrie Bradshaw’s ‘Upper East Side’ apartment– it doesn’t have to be just a dream anymore.
AirBnb and HBO have teamed up to bring the unlucky-in-love advice columnist’s home to real-life so that two lucky Sex and the City fans can spend one night living like Carrie— it’s part of a promotion for ‘And Just Like That,’ the new HBO Max series that continues the SATC story.
The one-night stay on either November 12th or 13th costs only $23, in honor of the 23 years that have passed since the Sex and the City began its run on HBO, introducing the world to the beloved character Carrie and her fashionable friends.
Sarah Jessica Parker herself is the so-called host for the guests staying in a recreation of Carrie’s iconic Upper East Side apartment— unfortunately though, the recreation is not located on the UES, so you’ll actually find yourself rummaging through Carrie’s closet in Chelsea.
Here’s what AirBnB says is included with your stay:
- A virtual greeting at check-in from Sarah Jessica Parker herself, and a narration reminiscent of each episode’s thought-provoking intro.
- The opportunity to descend the steps of her brownstone and stroll the streets of Manhattan (splash from a city bus not included).
- Cosmopolitans for a toast.
- The chance to admire and play dress-up in Carrie’s iconic closet, complete with her favorite looks (like the tutu she wears in the opening credits), designers, and of course, shoes!
- A styling session and photoshoot where guests can channel their inner fashionistas.
“The Carrie Bradshaw character is near and dear to my heart, and revisiting her world for the continuation of the Sex and the City story has been such a joy,” said Sarah Jessica Parker.
“I’m excited for our audience to experience Carrie’s New York like never before and walk in her shoes, quite literally, for the first time.“
‘And Just Like That’ is described as a ground-breaking new chapter in the life of Carrie and her friends, Miranda and Charlotte, as they “navigate the journey from the complicated reality of life and friendship in their 30s to the even more complicated reality of life and friendship in their 50s.”
Sarah Jessica Parker, Cynthia Nixon and Kristin Davis were spotted filming the new show all over the city, including the Upper East Side, this summer.
Exclusive video obtained by Upper East Site in July showed the 56-year-old Sarah Jessica Parker arriving on set outside the East Pole restaurant on East 65th Street between Park and Lexington avenues.Contact [email protected] | Subscribe
Bookings on AirBnb for Carrie Bradshaw’s apartment begins on November 8th at Noon with just two, one-night stays available.