Upper East Site is seeking Contributing Reporters to join our growing team of journalists.
You’ll be expected to help build our reputation as the Upper East Side’s news leader by breaking neighborhood news, holding the powerful accountable and enterprising engaging community stories.
Our ideal candidate is a driven, self-starting storyteller with professional writing or journalism experience
Photography skills are a plus. Prior newsroom experience is required.
About Upper East Site
Upper East Site is a fast-growing, independent and non-partisan local news source known for its hard-hitting coverage of the Lenox Hill, Carnegie Hill and Yorkville neighborhoods of Manhattan’s Upper East Side.
- Generating original story ideas
- Work with the Editor to bring your article to publication
- Contribute and collaborate with our team of journalists
- Promote your articles through social media
- Cultivate sources in the community
- Strong news instinct and judgement
- Impeccable ethics
- Ability to build and foster positive relationships with the community
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, concise copy
- Team player who works collaboratively
- Familiarity with the Upper East Side
Upper East Site pays Contributing Reporters a negotiated rate per article, with higher rates for time and resource-intensive articles. Contributors are not restricted from writing for other news organizations.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and links to your work to [email protected] with the subject line: Contributing Reporter Opportunity
In your cover letter, let us know why you want to cover the Upper East Side and how your work could improve our coverage of the neighborhood. If you have a story pitch, include that as well.
Upper East Site is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We strongly encourage applications from black, indigenous and people of color, women and members of the LGBTQ community.